Summer in Pullman
Summer is a great time to be in Pullman. When you are not engaged in your research project, there are plenty of enjoyable things to do in the community and surrounding “Palouse” region.
Things To Do
Summer in eastern Washington and nearby offers plenty of fun, interesting, educational, recreational, and more in the way of entertainment and activities. Below is a list of ideas in Pullman, unless otherwise noted. Because of continuing pandemic cautions and restrictions, please be sure to check any activity that interests you for current details.
- University Recreation
- Lind, WA Derby Weekend Lind, WA (93 miles west of Pullman) June 11-13,2021 features a combine demolition derby, car/truck races, parade, and BBQ)
- Pullman’s 4th of July Celebration
- Thursdays at the Clock Concerts take place outside Bryan Hall on Thursdays, starting July 1.
- Music On Main Live music at Pine Street Plaza, Thursdays June-September.
- Pullman Farmers Market Occurs June through October.
- Moscow, ID Farmers Market Occurs on Saturday mornings in downtown Moscow, ID; June through October.
- Entertainment in the Park (Moscow, ID; bagpipers and more)
- Hiking Kamiak Butte Kamiak Butte is located about 5 miles N. of Pullman in Albion.
- Chipman Trail A rail-to-trail that runs from Pullman 8 miles east to Moscow, ID and then further east into Idaho; great for biking, skating, jogging, and walking.
- Route of the Hiawatha A scenic ~15 mile rail-to-trail located 78 miles N.E. of Pullman in Idaho and Montana; biking and hiking
- WSU Intramural sports teams Examples include sand volleyball, tennis, disc golf, golf, soccer, and softball
- Wawawai County Park (Asotin, WA about 20 miles S.E. of Pullman)
- Whitman County (WA) parks
- Disc golf in Pullman’s Sunnyside Park or in Moscow’s University of Idaho course
- Prichard Art Gallery (Moscow, ID)
- WSU Museum of Art
- WSU Outdoor Recreation Center (ORC) Hosts events and provides equipment rentals.
- Golf courses including:
- Appaloosa Museum (Moscow, ID) Horse breed events
- Rendezvous in the Park (Moscow, ID; July 24)
- Palouse Falls State Park (83 miles W. in LaCrosse, WA)
- Fridays at the Clock (WSU faculty’s on-campus music performances