Summer in Pullman
Summer is a great place to be in Pullman. There is a vibrant research community that is active in Pullman over the Summer. And when you are not in the lab or studio, there are plenty of enjoyable things to do out in the community.
Things To Do
Sure, you’ll be missing the National Lentil Festival in August, the Cowboy Poetry and Western Music Festival in September, and Robert Burns Night (with haggisA savoury pudding containing sheep’s heart, liver and lungs; minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt; and mixed with stock, traditionally encased in either sheep’s stomach or an artificial casing. Not for the faint of heart!!) in February. But summer in eastern Washington and nearby has plenty of fun things to do! We have included a list of ideas below. (All are in Pullman unless otherwise noted.)
- University Recreation
- Lind, WA Derby WeekendLind, WA is located 93 miles west of Pullman. The derby weekend falls on June 11; combine demolition derby, car/truck races, parade, BBQ)
- Pullman’s 4th of July CelebrationHeld at Sunnyside Park
- Johnson 4th of July Parade
- Concerts in the ParkConcerts take place in Pullman’s Reaney Park on Wednesdays, starting July 13. Food vendors are present at these events.
- Pullman Farmers MarketOccurs June through October.
- Moscow, ID Farmers MarketOccurs on Saturday mornings in downtown Moscow; June through October.
- RTOP Theatre Productions
- Entertainment in the Park (Moscow, ID; bagpipers and more)
- Wednesdays on the Mall (mid-campus Terrell Mall; BBQ lunches; music)
- Hiking Kamiak ButteKamiak Butte is locaed about 5 miles N. of Pullman in Albion.
- Chipman TrailA rail-to-trail that runs from Pullman to Moscow and east into Idaho; great for biking, skating, jogging, and walking.
- Route of the HiawathaA scenic ~15 mile rail-to-trail located 78 miles N.E. of Pullman in Idaho and Montana; biking and hiking
- WSU Intramural sports teamsExamples include sand volleyball, tennis, disc golf, golf, soccer, and softball
- Disc golf in Pullman’s Sunnyside Park or in Moscow’s University of Idaho course
- Golf courses including:
- Prichard Art Gallery (Moscow)
- WSU Museum of Art
- WSU Outdoor Recreation Center (ORC)Hosts events and provides equipment rentals.
- Appaloosa Museum (Moscow)Horse breed events
- Rendezvous in the Park (Moscow; July 13-15)